Apartment furniture Removals Tips
Tips to a successful Apartment furniture move.
Moving in and out of an apartment building is a challenge in itself. Traditional moving techniques fail when it comes to narrow corridors, steep stair cases , lift access, off-street parking etc.
In a more tried and trusted techniques below points would help a self mover achieve a safe and successful furniture removal.
- If you live in an apartment building, most likely you are living in a city. Traffic around the city can be time killer for the move. Make sure you plan on a day with less traffic ( weekends ).
- If your building society offer you a lift reservation option, in regards to moving furniture, make sure you book this service well in advance.
- Book a furniture removals company at that precise time.
- Reserve your off-street parking and ensure it is the closest spot to your block.
- If the parking is undercover, let the removals company know the height clearance, so an appropriate vehicle can be sent for the move.
- Access the stairs, if they too narrow and steep , it will be safe to use 3 men to bring furniture downstairs.
- Let the removals company be known about the stairs or lift access, so they can quote appropriately and will save you valuable time save , which often gets lost in arguments at the end of the move.
- If moving via lift, move all your furniture in front of the lift space and move everything down one by one and leave it outside the ground level lift. This technique will save valuable time.
- If you have reserved the loading zone, then loading the truck should have easy access.