Covid-19 pandemic is wrecking havoc all around the world. In this tough time many business have been affected by government lock-down measures to contain this Corona virus.
Melbourne City Movers is part of Transport and Logistics network , which has been classified as one of the essential service and allowed to operate in Victoria. We are following the Covid safe plan as per the Gorverment’s advice . We are taking many precautions to enable safety of all involved.
Below are some of the many safety measured we are undertaking :
- Our Teams are following hygiene protocols of cleaning hands. Sanitizers and masks are provided to the moving teams for daily use.
- Moving Teams are asked to wear clean clothes and use disposable gloves every day. After each job the gloves are disposed off and new pair of gloves are used before starting each new moving job.
- In regards to Social distancing, there are two men in the truck and they try to be as far as possible, but when lifting things , it may not be possible to maintain the distance sometimes.
- Also we are not doing jobs with 3 men. If no other option , we send third man on separate vehicle.
- We make sure that all our working removalists have not met with anyone who has come from overseas.
- All our teams maintain records of our daily contacts, so contact tracing can be quickly done in case of a Covid positive case.
- If any moving team member is not feeling well, we make sure they rest at home and get checked by doctor before they can resume furniture moving work.
- Trucks are spray sanitized inside every evening and all moving blankets are also sanitized.
- Sometimes it may not be possible to clean the truck and blankets for afternoon jobs, but the boys have sanitizing sprays inside truck and try to keep different set of sanitized blankets for afternoon jobs.
- We request all our customers to maintain social distance from our moving teams, for the their own safety and the safety of our staff.
Cancellation & Rescheduling
- We understand the uncertain times ahead, & you can cancel your impending move because of lock-down concerns. We will not be charging any cancellation fee during this pandemic.
- If you want to bring your scheduled move forward because you are worried about the future lock-downs, we will be more than happy to help. Of-course depending on the suitability of the new time for yourself and our schedule.
- If the boys feel that the atmosphere of the house is not healthy and their may be sick people around, we reserve the right to cancel the move to protect us and our other customers.