Pool Table Moving Tips
Melbourne city Movers have been moving Billard tables for the last 10 years. A Slate Pool table is a very heavy and weighs in excess of 350 kilos. Proper planning, patience and co-ordination is required for such a move. Even though you may have 10 people’s assistance at your disposal, poor planning will result in a damaged pool table and injury to someone.
Before the Move arrangements
- Measurements : Check all doorways and driveway before the move, to ensure the pool table can pass without interfering with walls and doors.
- Arrange a truck : You will require at least a 4 Ton removals truck with hydrolic lift at the end.
- Restraining straps : Buy restraining straps to restrain the slate in transit.
- Protection sheets : Arrange blankets or protection sheets to protect the timber flooring / Carpets.
- Surface protection : Pool table surface is polished and stained, to avoid scratching in transit, it is advised to wrap the table with protective sheets or blankets.
Step by Step Pool Table Moving guide
- Dismantle the Legs : This will require 3 people. Unscrew the three legs on the long side and lift the table from one side carefully. Remove the legs and placed them away on a blanket etc. The table is slowly placed on the floor on soft floor protectors. Unscrew the other 3 legs and lift the table to remove the legs and put them away on a blanket as done before and place the slate slowly on the floor.
- Loading the Slate : Load the slate on a Piano Trolley/dolley on the long side, and use floor protectors before moving the trolley over the floor. When you have reached the truck, move the trolley over the hydraulic lift and and rotate the trolley in a way it can be easily loaded on to the truck. Once it is lifted roll it inside, remove it from the trolley, wrap it with blankets and strap it to the truck walls to protect it from getting damaged during the move.
- Loading the Legs : Load all the legs of the pool table on the truck and wrap it in blankets to avoid transportation damage.
- Unloading the Slate : Follow the same guide to unload the slate as stated above in loading the slate. Move the slate to the place you want the table to be located.
- Assembling the legs : Lift the table from one side and screw all 3 legs, once done let the table rest on the legs and lift the other side and screw the other 3 legs and place it down slowly. Once done you can lift the table and place it in a place you want.
If you are thinking this will be too much a job for you, you are probably right. There is big risk of getting hurt and injuring others with heavy parts like slate. The best advice will be to hire the professionals at Melbourne City Movers. Our Pool table removalists are renowned for quality, experience and strength.